Swathe Services are looking for their next team member
The Technical Support Engineer/Surveyor role
Following a period of exciting growth, Swathe Services is recruiting for a professional and experienced Engineer/Surveyor to provide technical expertise for our inhouse projects and external customers. Additional responsibilities will involve supporting survey equipment integration, calibration and operation on Unmanned Surface Vessels.
The ideal candidate will hold a recognised qualification in Engineering/Surveying with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in coastal or offshore environments. The successful candidate will be required to work from the company’s office in Cornwall with some site work as and when required.
Successful applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Relevant experience and/or knowledge of Hydrographic survey equipment including Single and Multi-Beam SONARS.
- Excellent knowledge of Inertial Navigation Systems (INS) and Motion Refence Units (MRU’s).
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills for building and strengthening customer, and manufacturer/supplier relationships.
- An ability to solve problems under pressure.
- Hard working and adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Consistent display of energy, commitment and desire to ensure that our products and services exceed customer expectations.
- Good understanding of the Hydrographic survey workflow from data acquisition through to final products.
- Some site work may be required to support customer demonstrations and trials or short USV related deployments.
If you feel that you have the right skills and would like to review the full job description then please apply via email with a covering letter and CV to Sally Bridger, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org