Hydrographic Surveyor – Technical Support
Following a strategy of business growth and development, we are now seeking a professional individual with a solid background in hydrographic surveying to provide product support on inhouse equipment and products sold to customers. The primary task for this role is to provide technical support on all survey equipment and software, owned and sold to customers by the company.
Swathe Services has been selected by some of the world’s leading manufacturers of survey equipment to promote and offer support for their systems.
The position is based in the company’s office in Cornwall, UK and may involve site work to support equipment installations and/or customer demonstrations.
Successful applicant requirements are as follows:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Relevant experience and/or knowledge of hydrographic surveying, using both single and multibeam SONARS
- Excellent knowledge of Inertial Navigation Systems (INS) and Motion Reference Units (MRU’s)
- Good understanding of the hydrographic survey workflow from data acquisition through to final products
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills, for building and strengthening customer and manufacturer/supplier relationships
- The ability to solve problems under pressure
- Hard working and adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Proficient with delivering onsite product demonstrations and training where required
- A hands on approach in contributing to sales & marketing strategies
- Consistent display of energy, commitment and a desire to ensure that our products and services exceed customer expectations
Do you have the right skills for this role?
If you would like to review the full job description, then please apply via email with a covering letter and CV to Sally Bridger, Office Manager at
Closing date for applications: 5th February 2021