BioSonics have released a new Visual Habitat 2.0 (VH2)
VH2 is easy-to-learn processing software for the assessment and mapping of aquatic habitat features with data collected using BioSonics DT-X or MX scientific echo-sounders.
Visual Habitat 2.0 is a FREE upgrade for all existing Visual Habitat license holders and includes powerful new map-making tools to easily generate full-colour, interpolated maps with depth contours plus many more exciting new features.
New in VH2:
- Interpolate data points to form gridded data using the following methods:
- Triangulated Linear Interpolation
- Inverse Distance Weighting
- Ordinary Kriging
- Export results as KML, shapefile, or image files for use in Google Earth or ArcGIS
- Map measure tool
- Adjust the opacity of data points, gridded data and contours
- Choose projection option UTM, Geographic, or Web Mercator
- Create full-colour maps with bathymetry contours
- Choose from Google, Bing, or Open Street Map imagery
- Define survey region by manually drawing or importing from shapefile
- Export Bottom Type intermediate results to CSV or MatLab file
- Automatically compute grid statistics including: area, water volume, min/max/avg. depth.
- Compute plant area and volume.
Find out more about the latest from BioSonics here.